VP of Operations
BOSS Facility Services, Inc. is a nationally recognized leader in the facility maintenance industry. With major retail, finance, and corporate accounts, BOSS provides clients with unparalleled response times and communication, as well as delivering exceptional results on every project. The company was founded in 2001 and its industry experience and white glove service helped fuel its tremendous growth. Twenty-two years later, BOSS’ name and reputation are synonymous with industry leaders and continue to be rooted in the core family contributors who have been managing since day one!
At BOSS Facility Services pride ourselves on the high level of efficiency and effectiveness of services delivered when addressing the needs of our Clients. Our productivity is a direct reflection of the support we provide not only to our Vendors, but also our Employees. We recognize the value in people and are looking to hire a VP of Operations that celebrates the same. This individual is expected to play to the best interest of the company and will oversee the day-to-day activities and performance of the Operations Departments – Service, Preventative Maintenance, HVAC, Vendor Development, and Special Projects Our ideal candidate will be a take charge individual who will possess the necessary business skills to capitalize on the departments’ strengths, strategize to build on departments’ opportunities for growth, and coach departments on ways to improve upon weaknesses. We especially want to hear from personable individuals who come to the table with solutions and have a proven track record of building and maintaining successful business operations by leading and developing diverse teams.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working alongside Shareholders to determine and drive organizational as well as operational goals.
- Establishing quantitative and qualitative metrics by which the company’s efficiency and effectiveness can be evaluated (KPIs, SLAs, procurement, etc.) to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Preparing and presenting analysis reports to Shareholders that outline Operations’ progress toward organizational goals.
- Leading the coordination and integration of efforts among Operation departments to produce smoother workflow and more cost-effective operational processes.
- Providing support that ensures Service, PM, Special Projects, Vendor Development and HVAC departments attain departmental, operational, and organizational goals.
- Collaborating with Controller to forecast and monitor budgets and costs of sales for each department so they fall within financial objectives and growth targets.
- Effectively communicating new directives, policies, and/or procedures to Mid-managers in a way that ensures a seamless implementation.
- Planning and managing staff succession and growth plans that support individual development and organizational expansion.
- Training and supporting the development of Mid-managers and Department Leads.
- Conducting timely and constructive Mid-manager performance evaluations and goal setting.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
- MBA required.
- 10 years of successful management/supervisory experience.
- Expert level computer skills – highly proficient in Microsoft 365 programs.
- Minimum 5 years of business operations experience
- Incredible decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Professional, direct, and respectful communication (written, verbal and listening) with all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical and presentation skills.
- A deep desire and commitment to leading by example, maintaining a collaborative environment, and providing a consistent feedback loop that encourages employees to exceed performance expectations.
- Experience in construction, facility, or property management software preferred.
- Service industry or tech sales experience, highly desirable
Job Type: Full-time, in-person
Salary: $150k-$170k, dependent on experience
- Competitive salary
- Company Paid STD, LTD, Life AD&D Insurance, dental and vision plans, PTO and benefits package.
- Generous PTO and Paid Holidays
- Medical Insurance at 60% Employer/40% Employee share.
- Family/dependent medical insurance is available.
- 5 optional voluntary life benefits, as well as an FSA.
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes discretionary profit sharing and safe harbor contributions after six months of consecutive employment.
BOSS Facility Services is a national maintenance organization that is truly “Built on Superior Service.” BOSS’ commitment to delivering both industry leading service at fair prices and superior communication with our clients has resulted in a rapidly expanding customer base.
Our staff brings together years of hands-on expertise across a wide array of industries such as HVAC/R, electrical, lighting, plumbing, and general maintenance throughout the continental United States, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and Canada. The result is an unparalleled attention to detail and the ability to bring the correct human and technical resources to a job in order to fix the problem right the first time.
BOSS Facility Services is dedicated in providing our customers with a superior level of service.
Our culture is team-oriented and fast paced. We work hard and we play hard with seasonal celebrations, summer office BBQ’s and events.
BOSS Facility Services, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $150,000.00 – $170,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Hauppauge, NY 11788: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person