BOSS Facility Services – Hauppauge, NY 11788
We are seeking a full-time professional for the position of Assistant Controller to work along with the Controller in managing all finance and accounting operations of the company. We are looking for a self-motivated candidate who thrives in a growing, fast-paced environment.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Act as link between departments to ensure consistent workflow.
- Supporting most aspects of billing and accounts payable management
- Assisting in the formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with company goals and established best practices
- Manage journal entries, invoices etc. and reconcile accounts for the monthly or annual closing
- Assist in preparation of financial, regulatory and sales tax reporting
- Review the company’s accounting information to identify and resolve inaccuracies or imbalances
- Utilize accounting IT system to facilitate processes and maintain records
- Other duties as assigned by Controller and Senior Management
Required Education and Experience:
- 5-10 years’ relevant experience in similar role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting etc.)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook 365
- Effective communication & interpersonal skills
- Well organized with ability to prioritize
- Adaptive and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to problem solve, multi task, and manage deadlines
Assistant Controller Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Company Paid STD, LTD, Life AD&D Insurance, dental and vision plans, PTO and a generous benefits package which includes:
- Medical Insurance at 50% employer/employee share.
- Family/dependent medical insurance is available.
- 5 optional voluntary life benefits, as well as a FSA.
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes discretionary profit sharing, after six months of consecutive employment.
We are committed to paying it forward and participate in monthly community initiatives and volunteer programs. We work hard and we play hard with seasonal celebrations, summer office BBQ’s and events. BOSS Facility Services, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit cover letter (including salary expectation) and resume in response to this ad.